We recommend applying the following modifications to your PayPal account’s settings in order to properly integrate with BD during the checkout and payment steps.
Enable Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) notifications
In order for your collected payments to get correctly marked as paid, you must configure your PayPal business account to send payment notifications. Follow the directions below to set this up.
- Log in to your PayPal Account
- Click the gear icon at the top right section of the page, and select Account Settings
- From the left sidebar menu, select Website Payments and click the Update link right next to ‘Instant payment notifications’.
- Click the Choose IPN Settings button.
- Enter a notification URL in your PayPal settings, select Receive IPN messages (Enabled), and hit Save.
If you would like more information about instant payment notifications, see the PayPal IPN’s page.
Disable Payment Data Transfer (PDT) #
- Login to PayPal.com.
- Click your name in upper right corner.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Chose Website Payments.
- It will take you to the Website payment preferences page.
- Disable Auto Return (Set to Off).
- Disable Payment Data Transfer (Set to Off).
- Click Save.
Now you should be ready to receive payments via PayPal!